Vipac provides consultancy and testing services to a wide range of industries enabling team members to follow technical or management career paths in sectors including:
Vipac is currently looking to fill the following roles:
• Built Environment, Sales Executive – Sydney
• Acoustic Engineer/Scientist – Brisbane
• Permanent Software Engineer – Melbourne
• Environmental Test Engineer – Melbourne
Built Environment, Sales Executive – Sydney
Do you possess:
- Experience selling B2B services to the building, infrastructure (eg. roads, tunnels), industrial or commercial spaces?
- A passion for making your mark in well-established, Australian owned companies?
Then read on…
We are seeking a dynamic Sales Executive with a track record of selling in the B2B space. Managing a range of technical service offerings, this exciting role will see you hunt for prospects, develop winning proposals and deliver first-class outcomes for clients. Based in our Sydney office, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the business pipeline with new and existing customers within the Built Environment, commercial and industrial sectors.
Possessing the following attributes will help you succeed in this role:
- Proven experience selling consultancy and/or testing services, preferably in engineering or other B2B markets, to a range of customers including builders, architects, building managers, project managers and engineering consultants;
- Demonstrated success developing new and existing clients, and winning business;
- Minimum 3 years’ selling experience (services in preference to products);
- Ability to develop, implement and follow up proposals with a variety of clients;
- A collaborative nature to support liaising with engineers and facilitate positive client outcomes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Ability to prepare responses to RFTs and EOIs for Government and private sector work;
- Excellent time and project management skills, with a history of working autonomously to produce results;
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
Qualifications in engineering, science or the building sector would be an advantage but they are not a prerequisite- the overriding determinants of success in this role will be drive, aptitude and the ability to sell services. This is a key role in a well respected engineering consultancy, in which the successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive, six-figure salary package and growth opportunities.
If you are looking for a new challenge in 2018, please send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Please note: only direct candidate applications will be accepted, no agencies, please. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Acoustic Engineer/Scientist – Brisbane
Vipac Engineers & Scientists Ltd (Vipac) is looking for a Senior Acoustic Consultant to join our Building, Infrastructure and Environmental Team in the Brisbane office (Spring Hill). Vipac was established in 1973 and is a nationwide multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy which provides acoustics, vibration and air-quality services for building, infrastructure, industrial, mining, and defence clients.
This is an opportunity for an experienced professional to take a step up in their career. The role would require management of multiple projects from start to completion and mentoring junior staff. The successful candidate would be supported by senior technical and business development resources.
We are looking for the following skills and attributes from the successful applicant:
- Minimum 5 years consulting experience in noise and acoustics;
- Project management experience;
- Strong communication and client liaison skills;
- Good report writing skills;
- A team player;
- Environmental noise modelling experience;
- Building acoustics experience; and
- Experience in air quality modelling and assessment would be well regarded, though not necessary.
Staff car parking is provided and remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. High performance will be handsomely rewarded!
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permanent Software Engineer – Melbourne
Vipac’s wholly owned subsidiary, AutoTest Products Pty Ltd, is a 100% Australian owned developer and manufacturer of automotive testing and measuring products distributed within Australia and overseas.
Seeking Permanent Software Engineer to perform the following:
- A chance to work on leading projects and be exposed to leading edge technologies
- A real opportunity for career development
- Microcontroller / Embedded systems firmware development
- Software development using C/C++, C#, VB.NET targeting windows environment
- The organisation is an internationally recognised leader designing, integrating and maintaining Products which are used in automotive industry as well as in other engineering applications.
- You will work in the organisation’s headquarters as it goes through an exciting growth phase.
- Design, develop and maintain robust, responsive and elegant solutions for Automotive aftermarket Products.
- In your new role plenty of technical challenges will arise as you contribute to the integration of systems using a range of hardware technologies.
- The majority of work will be in C and C++ targeting embedded platforms.
Why would you want this role over others in the market?
- A chance to work on exciting projects
- Exposure to leading edge technologies and methods
- Be part of a growing Company who offer excellent benefits
- Be part of a friendly team in a fun work culture
The Successful candidate will:
- Have strong previous experience in firmware development using C/C++ for Atmel, TI, ARM processors
- Have experience with sensors & embedded technologies
- Have industry experience in developing PC software using C/C++, C#, VB.NET
- Experience in app development (android) will be highly regarded
- Be passionate about software development and up-to-date with the latest developments in the field
- Have an understanding of web standards and technologies.
- You should ideally have an Engineering background and previous experience working in a product development environment.
- Enjoy exercising your versatility in the project types you’ll tackle.
- May be quietly ambitious and would one day like to step into a team lead role.
- Hold a software engineering degree, computer science degree or a related discipline, and at least 4 years relevant experience.
All applications shall be treated as private and confidential. Personal applications only please, no agencies.
Environmental Test Engineer – Melbourne
In line with our continued growth, we are currently seeking an independent and strongly motivated graduate mechanical engineer to become a part of our rapidly growing team. The Graduate Project Engineer position will involve testing of products and devices in accordance to Australian and International standards. The role involves the use of scientific equipment, mathematical spreadsheets and communications to clients to meet tight deadlines
The role in time for the successful applicant will include (but not limited) to the following:
- Prepare and undertake laboratory testing to various standards
- Design and coordinate testing apparatus to complete laboratory testing
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Participate in Strategic activities and plans
- Participate and maintain continuous improvement activities
With facilities and expertise in Automotive, Environmental, Air-conditioning Thermodynamics and Solar Thermal, the role will offer the successful candidate a fantastic opportunity to further grow Vipac’s market share and technical leadership in the field of component testing within Australia and overseas.
In order to achieve this successfully, initiative and communication skills will be required, along with a solid background in heat transfer and thermodynamics. It is expected that the successful applicant will not only have a strong academic background, but also significant hands-on skills, successful time management, and attention to detail.
Previous experience with testing, hands on mechanical skills, refrigeration systems, and measuring instrument and control systems would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will have degree in Mechanical engineering or similar with the ability to work with a mixed team of technical and commercial staff in a competitive and fast paced environment, strong written and oral communication skills.
Applicants should hold a valid Australian Work Visa, and a valid driver’s licence. If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Personal applications only please, no agencies. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.