Vipac provides consultancy and testing services to a wide range of industries enabling team members to follow technical or management career paths in sectors including:
• Building & Infrastructure
• Consumer Appliances
• Defence & Aerospace
• Power, Process and Petrochemical
• Rapid Transport System
Vipac is currently looking to fill the following role/s:
• Senior Acoustic Consultant – Melbourne
Senior Acoustic Consultant – Melbourne
Vipac Engineers & Scientists is a consultancy firm specialising in engineering dynamics, systems engineering, testing and measurement. Vipac employs over 150 qualified specialists and has 5 offices located throughout Australia.
Vipac is looking for an experienced Senior Acoustic Consultant with a relevant degree, a proven track record in delivering projects in Environmental and Building Acoustics, and the desire and commitment to develop business in this area.
All applicants must be able to integrate into and support the existing team by contributing to the acoustic input, predictions, modelling and report writing on a range of projects. Importantly, the consultant will possess enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and grow as a professional Acoustic Consultant. To be successful in the position, we’re looking for candidates with a proven ability to deliver client expectations to budget and timescale, personal organisation and communication skills. Client liaison experience and an ability to work outside office hours when required is a must too. In return, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary, a chance to work on a wide range of interesting and challenging projects, excellent career and continuous professional development opportunities, free breakfasts, subsidised café lunches and a rooftop pool!
- Manage projects
- Undertake site/building noise assessments using appropriate instrumentation and methods
- Undertake site/building noise assessments using modelling software
- Write reports and make recommendations based on site/building noise assessments
- Undertake design of acoustic solutions for sites/buildings
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience managing projects
- Experience in the operation of acoustic instrumentation and measurement procedures
- Experience with the assessment of building, environmental, and industrial noise
- Experience using noise modelling software, such as SoundPLAN, Cadna, EASE, or similar
- Experience writing reports
Qualifications and/or Specific Skills
- Degree in Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Member of the UK IOA or AAS (or eligible for membership)
- A full driver’s license is essential
- You must have excellent spoken and written communication skills (English)
- Must be eligible to work in Australia
Vipac provides a challenging and flexible working environment with excellent career development opportunities. You will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill-set and develop your capabilities.
Please submit applications by email to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.