Rules & Regulations
Confidentiality and Impartiality Statement
Vipac Engineers & Scientists Limited is accredited by JAS-ANZ to ISO/IEC 17065 “Conformity assessment — Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services” and recognised by GTRC to provide and maintain a Product certification scheme in accordance with the GTRC “Rules for Gas Appliance and Component Certification for Australia – The Rules”. Vipac Gas Certification is recognised in Australia and New Zealand.
Vipac Certification Services fully understands the importance of impartiality in performing its Product certification activities and to this end our certification scheme is designed to manage any conflict of interest and to ensure the objectivity of our management system and product certification activities
Vipac Certification Services shall:
- Provide equal treatment for all applicants and certificate holders thus avoiding any kind of discrimination i.e. racial, organizational or personal
- Maintain strict observance of client confidentiality
- Act in an open minded manner
- Preserve a strict separation in regard to Product test report decisions and the certification decision
- Act impartially and shall not allow commercial, financial or other pressures to compromise impartiality. This requirement includes internal or external, or committees, who could influence the certification activities
- Take any necessary action when personnel breach this agreement
Vipac Certification Services shall NOT:
- Provide management system and/or product design or manufacturing consultancy
- Offer certification where a relationship may threaten impartiality or cannot be eliminated or minimised
- Outsource any inspection activities to a consultancy company involved with the Applicant or Manufacturer
- Have reference to any offer of consultancy in marketing materials
- Allocate personnel (inspector(s)) to a Certification activity where the personnel (inspector(s)) have previously been associated with the Applicant or Manufacturer in the preceding 2 years
- Become directly involved in the design, manufacture, marketing of products in relation to the certification
- Engage in any activity that may conflict with the independence of judgement or integrity in relation to the certification
- Pay employees or contractors on the basis of the number of inspections undertaken
Rules of Service
Our Gas Certification Rules documentation provides a detailed overview of the Vipac Gas Certification Service Type 3, as outlined in “ISO/IEC 17065 “Conformity assessment – Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services”.
Vipac Certification Services is an independent business unit of Vipac Engineers & Scientists Limited, an award winning technology based powerhouse and multidisciplinary consultancy business with over 43 years of experience.
Vipac and Vipac Gas Certification Services hold the following Accreditations:
The Vipac Gas Certification Scheme meets the requirements of all relevant Australian State and Territory Technical Regulators as well as the New Zealand Regulator. This delivers recognised product certification for the Australian and New Zealand markets and protects our clients from potential regulatory penalties associated with selling or marketing uncertified appliances.