Vehicle Emissions Testing
Vipac conducts special exhaust gas emissions testing in its state-of-the-art Emissions Laboratory in Melbourne to ensure that vehicle engines are optimally adjusted to emit the lowest possible pollutant levels into the environment.
Vipac’s emissions test cell incorporates the only commercial fully transient heavy-duty chassis dynamometer in Australia capable of testing a full range of vehicles from passenger cars, to prime movers. What’s more, Vipac’s Vehicle Testing Laboratory in Melbourne is the only independent commercial facility offering the IM240 Emissions Test in Victoria.
Tests are carried out to a variety of internationally recognised vehicle emission and fuel consumption standards. These are generally applied to light-duty vehicles:
- ADR 30/01
- ADR 37/00
- ADR 37/01
- ADR 79/00
- ADR 79/01/02/03/04
- ADR 81/00
- ADR 81/01
- Euro 2, 3, 4 and 5
- EEC98 / 69
Other Testing Services
- Engine performance and durability
- Raw emissions – pre and post catalyst
- Powertrain endurance on chassis dynamometer and test track
- Exhaust emission tests according to ECE, EPA & Japanese Regulations or customer’s requirements
- Evaporative emissions
- Durability of anti-pollution devices
- Conformity of production tests
- Fuel consumption testing
- Product certification
- Back to back testing
- Research and development
The CO, HC, NOx and particulate analysers comply with EEC and US standards:
- infrared for carbon monoxide CO,
- flame ionisation for total hydrocarbons HC,
- chemiluminescence for nitrogen oxides NO and NO2,
- exhaust particulate measurements.
Microtrol4, state-of-the-art technology from Germany for particulate measuring and sampling, uses a dilution tunnel for transient measurements of diesel exhausts according to the latest standards.
- Australian Standards (AS)
- Australian Design Rules (ADR)
Vipac’s heavy-duty 4WD chassis dynamometer is a fully transient facility with the capability to undertake a variety of standard certification and support research and development tests. The dynamometer guarantees total road simulation under both acceleration and deceleration conditions.
- Twin 48” roller design (FWD, RWD, AWD)
- Complies with all worldwide light – duty emissions and fuel consumption standards
- Full road load inertia simulation for heavy-duty vehicles up to 25,000kg equivalent inertia
- Heavy-duty mode maximum speed of 120km/h
- Light-duty mode maximum speed of 160km/h
- Up to 600kW of maximum load absorption.
Vipac’s light-duty 2WD chassis dynamometer has the capability to undertake a variety of standard certification and support research and development tests. The facility is also set up to support climatic conditions, for example to satisfy Euro III Type VI cold start certification testing.
- Twin 20” cradle type dynamometer (Froude-Consine CD60 2WD)
- Complies with all worldwide light-duty emissions and fuel consumption standards
- Full road load inertia simulation for light-duty vehicles up to 2,700kg GVW
- Maximum speed of 160km/h
- Maximum load absorption of 60kW
- Environmental temperature control between -10ºC and +40ºC.
State of the art Horiba and Signal emissions analysis benches are available in both cell 1 and cell 2 to support Constant Volume Sampling (CVS).
Click here to watch Street Machine’s video, here for IM240 tips or here for our