Vipac provides a highly specialised facility for design, development and performance testing of air distribution systems and components. It is the largest independent NATA certified testing laboratory of its type in the Asia-Pacific region.
The facility can be used for:
- Full-scale mock-ups to investigate the effectiveness of specific air distribution systems
- Flow visualisation and video recording of smoke patterns
- Air supply at temperatures between 2ºC to 50ºC for non-isothermal testing
This laboratory, conforming to ISO3741, is connected to a second reverberation chamber that allows the testing of insertion loss. Services include testing in accordance with ASHRAE, ARI, ADC, AMCA, ISO, BSI and Australian Standards.
- Fan Testing (up to 500kW)
- Air Diffusion Testing (10º to 45ºC) and ADPI
- Sound Testing / Sound Power Determination
- Performance Testing
- Leakage Testing of Dampers
- Air-Flow Visualisation
- Measurements of flow, pressure drop and throw
- Silencer Insertion Loss – Static and Dynamic
- Water Penetration Testing (O/A Louvers)
- Erosion Testing
Fans, Louvres, Diffusers, Grilles, VAV Boxes (radiated/discharge), Evaporative Air Conditioners, Silencers, Jet Diffusers, Flexible Ducts, Light/Air Boots, Mixing Boxes, Fibrous Insulation and Dampers.