Vipac houses a comprehensive range of mechanical and climatic testing equipment enabling us to subject your products to almost any service conditions the natural environment may throw at them.
State-of-the-art technology and increasing requirements for product and component reliability have intensified the need for advanced environmental testing. Accelerated life testing enables faults and potential modes of failure to be discovered in a short amount of time and assists in the prediction of service life and maintenance intervals.
See the full range of performance testing we offer on our Environmental Testing Services brochure.
Types of testing
From fatigue testing to reliability tests, our tests and practices are both innovative and thorough. Vipac offers a variety of test facilities for a broad range of testing requirements including:
- Vibration and Shock Testing
- Combined Temperature & Vibration Testing
- Temperature and Humidity Testing
- Water and Dust Ingress Protection Testing
- Driving Sand and Dust Testing
- Salt Corrosion and Fog Testing
- Solar Radiation Testing
- Drop | Bounce Testing for packaging and transport of equipment
- Hardness Testing
- Flammability Testing
- Durability Testing
- Explosive De-Compression Tests
- Testing to Client Specific Requirements
- Calibration & System Audit
- Product Qualification Testing
- R&D Testing
As well as testing to industry and regulatory standards, our experience and capabilities are employed by clients to develop testing regimes as part of their product development cycle.
Testing Facilities include various Environmental Chambers in which conditions can be controlled to tight tolerances:
- The Environmental Test Chamber, measuring 14m long x 5.5m wide and 4.5m high, is certified to test through a temperature range from -5°C to +60°C and humidity from 40% to 95%. It incorporates a 30 lamp CSI solar simulator, allowing any sunlight condition to above 1120W/m2 to be reproduced. Diurnal cycling can also be conducted.
- The High Temperature Chamber (2.2mx2mx2m) provides for testing from ambient to 250°C.
- The Balanced Temperature & Humidity Chamber (3mx3mx3m) allows testing from 20% to 95% relative humidity and from -80°C to +150°C.
- The Thermal Shock Chamber allows testing from -80°C to +220°C Various smaller chambers covering dry heat, humidity and temperature shock cycling for testing smaller products or parts.
Vibration and Shock Qualification Services
Using sinusoidal vibrations and random vibrations, we replicate shocks with an electrodynamic vibration test system. Read about our new Vibration Shaker and how it was was put to the test with Comtruk’s Sport Utility Bed.
- Sinusoidal vibration
- Random vibration
- Sine-on random
- Swept sine on random
- Hydraulic and electromagnetic shaker frequency range of 1Hz to 3kHz with up to 150kN of thrust
- Conditioning of test samples during vibration between +80ºC and -55ºC
- Half Sine
- Shaker induced shock, including SRS
- Free Fall
- Drop Topple and stability
- Static load
- Thermal shock testing
Vipac is a NATA accredited, ISO 9001/17025 compliant, fully independent testing laboratory and is contracted by many companies to provide confidential testing services to a wide range of standards including:
Vipac offers the flexibility for tests to be carried out to client specifications, and lead times to meet clients’ schedule requirements.
See our full range of Environmental Testing Standards.
What markets do we help?
- Defence – See Defence Capabilities
- Rail – See Rail capabilities
- Military / Defence / Navy
- Aftermarket accessories