Vipac provides consultancy and testing services to a wide range of industries enabling team members to follow technical or management career paths in sectors including:
Vipac is currently looking to fill the following roles:
• Marketing Coordinator, Melbourne
• Built Environment Sales, Melbourne
• Acoustic Engineer/Scientist, Brisbane
• Graduate Mechanical Engineer, Brisbane
• Refrigeration Technician/Mechanic – Melbourne
• Permanent Software Engineer – Melbourne
• Environmental Test Engineer – Melbourne
Marketing Coordinator – Melbourne
At Vipac, no two days are the same for the marketing team. One moment we’ll be organising a visit from a Federal Minister and launching niche campaigns, the next designing a new tender layout and rewriting web pages.
Vipac currently seeks a savvy Marketing Coordinator with a dynamic, go-getting attitude who exudes positivity and talent. The successful candidate will set high benchmarks for themselves and be relentless in their pursuit of strong content and professional formatting. Impeccable spelling, grammar and a panache that captures readers’ attention are essential.
Someone with a few years’ experience as Marketing Assistant or Marketing Coordinator looking to dip their toes into the world of design would be ideal. You must be willing to tackle a range of tasks, from drafting/editing content and constructing marketing briefs, to updating marketing collateral and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). You will be rewarded with a fast-paced work environment, a competitive salary, free breakfasts, subsidised café lunches and a rooftop pool!
Helping variety serve its role as the spice of life, you’ll support the brands for Vipac, its two subsidiaries (AutoTest and Gas Technology Services), and our onsite café. Working closely with the Marketing & Communications Manager and Graphic Designer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Draft and edit content for web pages, news articles, case studies and press releases.
- Liaise with colleagues to construct marketing briefs and secure publicity approval.
- Develop and update web pages, Electronic Direct Mail (eDMs), business cards, brochures and flyers.
- Use WordPress and Google Analytics to continually improve content, usability and SEO for websites: www.vipac.com.au, www.autotest.net.au and www.gastechnology.com.au.
- Update and maintain contact lists for marketing support activities and maintain an up-to-date image library of services, products and logos.
- Provide general support to the marketing team including event management.
- Promote a positive can-do ethos, while being deadline driven and able to achieve outcomes with minimal direct supervision.
This role will suit someone qualified in Marketing, PR, Communications, Business or Graphic Design, who ideally possesses WordPress experience, knowledge or interest in how SEO works, and a familiarity with graphic design software (e.g. InDesign and Photoshop). Experience with MailChimp and Google Analytics would be advantageous.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who seeks ownership of the outcomes, craves diversity, thrives on challenges and is keen to juggle priorities to help deliver on a solid, progressive marketing plan in an ever changing business environment.
To apply, please send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.
Due to the number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.
Built Environment Sales – Melbourne
Engineering Consultancy and Testing Services Focus
- Sold services to architects, developers or builders?
- Gained engineering/building/construction qualifications and experience?
- Want to make an impact in a well-established Australian owned company?
Then read on…
We are seeking a proven Sales Executive with demonstrated commercial experience who has sold consulting services in the B2B space. Managing a range of technical service offerings, this exciting role will see you hunting for prospects, developing winning proposals and delivering first class outcomes for clients.
Based in our Melbourne Head Office, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the business pipeline with existing and new customers within Built Environment markets (building/construction/infrastructure etc).
Success in this role will be determined by having at least some of the following attributes including:
- Proven experience selling consulting and/or testing services, preferably in engineering or other B2B markets, to a range of customers including builders, architects, specifiers, building managers and owners and/or engineering consultants etc.;
- Demonstrated success developing new and existing clients and winning business;
- At least 3 years’ selling experience (services in preference to physical products);
- Ability to develop, implement and follow up proposals with a variety of clients;
- Possess a collaborative work ethic and be able to liaise with engineers and technical specialists to facilitate positive customer outcomes;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Be able and willing to prepare responses to RFTs and EOIs for government and private sector work;
- Have excellent time and project management skills, with demonstrated history of working autonomously to produce results;
- Demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, drive and a ‘customer focused can do’ attitude.
Qualifications in engineering, science or building would be an advantage but they are NOT a prerequisite- the overriding determinants of success in this role will be drive, aptitude and the ability to sell services. This is a key role in a well-respected engineering consultancy, in which the successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive, six-figure salary package, plus generous performance based bonus.
If you’re looking for a new challenge in 2018, please send your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: only direct candidate applications will be accepted, no agencies, please. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Acoustic Engineer/Scientist – Brisbane
Vipac Engineers & Scientists Ltd (Vipac) is looking for a Senior Acoustic Consultant to join our Building, Infrastructure and Environmental Team in the Brisbane office (Spring Hill). Vipac was established in 1973 and is a nationwide multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy which provides acoustics, vibration and air-quality services for building, infrastructure, industrial, mining, and defence clients.
This is an opportunity for an experienced professional to take a step up in their career. The role would require management of multiple projects from start to completion and mentoring junior staff. The successful candidate would be supported by senior technical and business development resources.
We are looking for the following skills and attributes from the successful applicant:
- Minimum 5 years consulting experience in noise and acoustics;
- Project management experience;
- Strong communication and client liaison skills;
- Good report writing skills;
- A team player;
- Environmental noise modelling experience;
- Building acoustics experience; and
- Experience in air quality modelling and assessment would be well regarded, though not necessary.
Staff car parking is provided and remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. High performance will be handsomely rewarded!
Please submit applications to email@example.com.
Graduate Mechanical Engineer – Brisbane
Vipac Engineers & Scientists Ltd is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, well-credentialed mechanical or mechatronics engineering graduate for our Brisbane office. Located in Spring Hill, we are a state branch of a national organisation providing multi-disciplined engineering consulting services for the region of Queensland and interstate. The role will suit an engineer with 0 to 2 years of experience. It mainly involves machine and structural vibration services with regular field based work, and acoustics work as required.
Our project engineers work with experienced senior staff specialising in vibration, acoustics and other mechanical related technologies. We provide services for building, infrastructure, oil and gas, industrial, mining, defence and commercial clients. We apply measurement, diagnostic, and computational methods in our services.
This is a diverse and interesting role in a friendly and supportive work environment. To be successful in this position you will be a person focused on high standards who is flexible and motivated, can accept responsibility and can respond to deadlines with a calm approach. You are practical and have an excellent command of both written and spoken English.
The remuneration will follow industry standards and be commensurate with experience. Professional development is encouraged and training is provided as required. Staff parking is available.
Please submit applications, including a cover letter and resume, to the Queensland Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refrigeration Technician/Mechanic – Melbourne
Competitive salary package.
With a history spanning 45 years and a slew of accolades, Vipac boasts an enviable list of clients including refrigerator household names and both State and Federal Government departments.
Vipac’s Thermal and Solar Group has extensive experience in the testing, design and development of thermodynamic devices, including air-conditioners, heat pumps, solar heating and cooling systems, solar and heat pump hot water systems, and heat exchangers.
Our facilities at our state-of-the-art Port Melbourne laboratories include both indoor and outdoor test rigs, an indoor solar simulator, a balanced ambient calorimeter and various other temperature controlled chambers. Vipac is a NATA accredited and ISO/IEC 17025 certified test laboratory.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of air-conditioners and HVAC products for onsite testing.
- Installation and commissioning of refrigeration and HVAC products, including piping, evacuating and charging of refrigeration products.
- Electrical termination of wiring to components and controls
- Support other engineering groups with the mechanical and electrical assistance
- Assist with laboratory testing of products for Australian and International Standards.
- You either have a formal trade qualification in refrigeration, or are working towards a Certificate IV in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- You have a full or trainee Refrigerant Handling Licence, and restricted electrical license would be highly regarded.
- A valid driver’s licence and reliable transport.
- Mature and professional communication skills.
- Good time management and accuracy.
- Be a team player and able to work autonomously.
- Hold a valid Australian Work Visa.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary, ongoing career development opportunities, free breakfasts, subsidised café lunches and a rooftop swimming pool! Our Port Melbourne office is within close proximity to public transport and offers free on-street parking.
Leading by example, you will be highly organised, with a meticulous attention to detail and exceptional communication skills. For your hard work, you will be handsomely rewarded with a strong remuneration package and an opportunity to further your career in an iconic multi-channel engineering consultancy.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Refrigeration Technician/Mechanic’.
For more information on our capabilities, please visit our website: http://www.vipac.com.au.
Due to the anticipated large response, only candidates whose experience aligns with the requirements of this position will be contacted. All applications shall be treated as private and confidential. Personal applications only please, no agencies.
Permanent Software Engineer – Melbourne
Vipac’s wholly owned subsidiary, AutoTest Products Pty Ltd, is a 100% Australian owned developer and manufacturer of automotive testing and measuring products distributed within Australia and overseas.
Seeking Permanent Software Engineer to perform the following:
- A chance to work on leading projects and be exposed to leading edge technologies
- A real opportunity for career development
- Microcontroller / Embedded systems firmware development
- Software development using C/C++, C#, VB.NET targeting windows environment
- The organisation is an internationally recognised leader designing, integrating and maintaining Products which are used in automotive industry as well as in other engineering applications.
- You will work in the organisation’s headquarters as it goes through an exciting growth phase.
- Design, develop and maintain robust, responsive and elegant solutions for Automotive aftermarket Products.
- In your new role plenty of technical challenges will arise as you contribute to the integration of systems using a range of hardware technologies.
- The majority of work will be in C and C++ targeting embedded platforms.
Why would you want this role over others in the market?
- A chance to work on exciting projects
- Exposure to leading edge technologies and methods
- Be part of a growing Company who offer excellent benefits
- Be part of a friendly team in a fun work culture
The Successful candidate will:
- Have strong previous experience in firmware development using C/C++ for Atmel, TI, ARM processors
- Have experience with sensors & embedded technologies
- Have industry experience in developing PC software using C/C++, C#, VB.NET
- Experience in app development (android) will be highly regarded
- Be passionate about software development and up-to-date with the latest developments in the field
- Have an understanding of web standards and technologies.
- You should ideally have an Engineering background and previous experience working in a product development environment.
- Enjoy exercising your versatility in the project types you’ll tackle.
- May be quietly ambitious and would one day like to step into a team lead role.
- Hold a software engineering degree, computer science degree or a related discipline, and at least 4 years relevant experience.
All applications shall be treated as private and confidential. Personal applications only please, no agencies.
Environmental Test Engineer – Melbourne
In line with our continued growth, we are currently seeking an independent and strongly motivated graduate mechanical engineer to become a part of our rapidly growing team. The Graduate Project Engineer position will involve testing of products and devices in accordance to Australian and International standards. The role involves the use of scientific equipment, mathematical spreadsheets and communications to clients to meet tight deadlines
The role in time for the successful applicant will include (but not limited) to the following:
- Prepare and undertake laboratory testing to various standards
- Design and coordinate testing apparatus to complete laboratory testing
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Participate in Strategic activities and plans
- Participate and maintain continuous improvement activities
With facilities and expertise in Automotive, Environmental, Air-conditioning Thermodynamics and Solar Thermal, the role will offer the successful candidate a fantastic opportunity to further grow Vipac’s market share and technical leadership in the field of component testing within Australia and overseas.
In order to achieve this successfully, initiative and communication skills will be required, along with a solid background in heat transfer and thermodynamics. It is expected that the successful applicant will not only have a strong academic background, but also significant hands-on skills, successful time management, and attention to detail.
Previous experience with testing, hands on mechanical skills, refrigeration systems, and measuring instrument and control systems would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will have degree in Mechanical engineering or similar with the ability to work with a mixed team of technical and commercial staff in a competitive and fast paced environment, strong written and oral communication skills.
Applicants should hold a valid Australian Work Visa, and a valid driver’s licence. If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal applications only please, no agencies. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.