Vipac provides consultancy and testing services to a wide range of industries enabling team members to follow technical or management career paths in sectors including:
Vipac is currently looking to fill the following roles:
• Permanent Software Engineer – Melbourne
• Condition Monitoring Engineer – Melbourne
• Environmental Test Engineer – Melbourne
Permanent Software Engineer – Melbourne
Vipac’s wholly owned subsidiary, AutoTest Products Pty Ltd, is a 100% Australian owned developer and manufacturer of automotive testing and measuring products distributed within Australia and overseas.
Seeking Permanent Software Engineer to perform the following:
- A chance to work on leading projects and be exposed to leading edge technologies
- A real opportunity for career development
- Microcontroller / Embedded systems firmware development
- Software development using C/C++, C#, VB.NET targeting windows environment
- The organisation is an internationally recognised leader designing, integrating and maintaining Products which are used in automotive industry as well as in other engineering applications.
- You will work in the organisation’s headquarters as it goes through an exciting growth phase.
- Design, develop and maintain robust, responsive and elegant solutions for Automotive aftermarket Products.
- In your new role plenty of technical challenges will arise as you contribute to the integration of systems using a range of hardware technologies.
- The majority of work will be in C and C++ targeting embedded platforms.
Why would you want this role over others in the market?
- A chance to work on exciting projects
- Exposure to leading edge technologies and methods
- Be part of a growing Company who offer excellent benefits
- Be part of a friendly team in a fun work culture
The Successful candidate will:
- Have strong previous experience in firmware development using C/C++ for Atmel, TI, ARM processors
- Have experience with sensors & embedded technologies
- Have industry experience in developing PC software using C/C++, C#, VB.NET
- Experience in app development (android) will be highly regarded
- Be passionate about software development and up-to-date with the latest developments in the field
- Have an understanding of web standards and technologies.
- You should ideally have an Engineering background and previous experience working in a product development environment.
- Enjoy exercising your versatility in the project types you’ll tackle.
- May be quietly ambitious and would one day like to step into a team lead role.
- Hold a software engineering degree, computer science degree or a related discipline, and at least 4 years relevant experience.
All applications shall be treated as private and confidential. Personal applications only please, no agencies.
Condition Monitoring Engineer – Melbourne
Vipac Engineers & Scientists Ltd is a multidisciplinary engineering company specialising in dynamics, systems engineering, testing, and measurement.
Our Melbourne branch is seeking enthusiastic applicants to add to our motivated team of engineers based in Port Melbourne. You will be involved in a variety of projects with clients across a diverse range of industry sectors.
This role will involve
- Establishing & operating major industrial vibration condition monitoring programs
- Application of rotor dynamics principals to diagnose complex machinery problems
- Structural dynamics investigations including strain gauging
- Problem solving in machine vibration and engineering dynamics
- Instrumentation, signal processing and data acquisition
- Matlab and Labview programming experience will be highly regarded
We are looking for the following skills and attributes from the successful applicant:
- Degree level qualification in mechanical or mechatronic engineering
- Relevant industry experience, including vibration condition monitoring (3 years +)
- A motivated self-starter with enthusiasm to learn and attention to detail
- A keen interest in developing business in a competitive environment
- Willingness to travel to complete project work as required and flexibility with work hours
- Professional communication and client liaison skills
- Competent report writing skills
- VCAT vibration certification training level II or III
- Must be eligible to work on Australian defence security clearance required projects
Vipac provide a challenging and flexible working environment. You will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities. A competitive salary package is available commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications shall be treated as private and confidential. Personal applications only please, no agencies.
Environmental Test Engineer – Melbourne
In line with our continued growth, we are currently seeking an independent and strongly motivated graduate mechanical engineer to become a part of our rapidly growing team. The Graduate Project Engineer position will involve testing of products and devices in accordance to Australian and International standards. The role involves the use of scientific equipment, mathematical spreadsheets and communications to clients to meet tight deadlines
The role in time for the successful applicant will include (but not limited) to the following:
- Prepare and undertake laboratory testing to various standards
- Design and coordinate testing apparatus to complete laboratory testing
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Participate in Strategic activities and plans
- Participate and maintain continuous improvement activities
With facilities and expertise in Automotive, Environmental, Air-conditioning Thermodynamics and Solar Thermal, the role will offer the successful candidate a fantastic opportunity to further grow Vipac’s market share and technical leadership in the field of component testing within Australia and overseas.
In order to achieve this successfully, initiative and communication skills will be required, along with a solid background in heat transfer and thermodynamics. It is expected that the successful applicant will not only have a strong academic background, but also significant hands-on skills, successful time management, and attention to detail.
Previous experience with testing, hands on mechanical skills, refrigeration systems, and measuring instrument and control systems would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will have degree in Mechanical engineering or similar with the ability to work with a mixed team of technical and commercial staff in a competitive and fast paced environment, strong written and oral communication skills.
Applicants should hold a valid Australian Work Visa, and a valid driver’s licence. If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Personal applications only please, no agencies. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.