Pool Appliance and Equipment Testing
Swimming Pool Pump Energy Testing, Energy Labelling & MEPS
Vipac provides swimming pool pump testing for E3 registration to the below Australian Standards:
- AS 5102.1 – 2009 Performance of household electrical appliances – Swimming pool pump units, Part 1: Energy consumption and performance
- AS 5102.2 – 2009 Performance of household electrical appliances – Swimming pool pump units, Part 2: Energy labelling and minimum energy performance standard requirements
- Energy factor
- Energy star rating
- Daily run time
- Projected annual energy consumption (PAEC)
- Acoustics testing to measure sound power in our NATA accredited reverberation chamber.
Vipac tests all pool pump types including fixed speed, multi-speed and variable speed.
Pool Skimmers and Outlets
Vipac is NATA accredited to test pool skimmers and outlets to AS 1926.3 – 2010 Swimming Pool Safety, Part 3: Water Recirculation Systems.
Gas Pool Heaters
Vipac is NATA accredited to test gas pool heaters to AS 4560 for gas certification as well as R&D purposes.
Plumbing and Drainage Fittings
Vipac has an extensive NATA scope of accreditation for plumbing and drainage fittings.
General Measurement Capability
Our general measurement capability includes:
- Hydrostatic pressure tests in the range 1 to 10,000 kPa
- Water flow pressure tests in the range 1 to 2,000 kPa
- Water flow rates in the range 0 to 600 L/m
- Static torque tests in the range 0 to 646 Nm
- Vacuum pressure tests in the range 0 to -100 kPa
- Force measurement tests in the range 0 to 10,000 N
- Linear dimensions 0.02mm to 8m
- Water temperature -10°C to boiling.
Solar and heat pump hot water systems
We are NATA accredited to test solar and heat pump hot water systems to AS/NZS 2712, AS/NZS 2535, AS/NZS 5125 and related standards.
Research and Development
Vipac is a Registered Research Service Provider (RSP Code: 15701) and you may be eligible for the R&D tax incentive for research projects.