Pool Appliance and Equipment Testing
Swimming Pool Pump Energy Testing, Energy Labelling & MEPS
Vipac provides swimming pool pump testing for E3 registration to the upcoming Australian Standard:
- AS 5102.1 – 2019 Performance of household electrical appliances – Swimming pool pump units. Measurement of energy consumption and performance.
- Power factor and input power
- Energy star rating
- Weighted energy factor
- Projected annual energy consumption (PAEC)
- Acoustics testing to measure sound power in our NATA accredited reverberation chamber.
Vipac tests all pool pump types including single speed, dual speed, multi-speed and variable speed.
General Measurement Capability
Our general measurement capability includes:
- Hydrostatic pressure tests in the range 1 to 10,000 kPa
- Water flow pressure tests in the range 1 to 2,000 kPa
- Water flow rates in the range 0 to 600 L/m
- Static torque tests in the range 0 to 646 Nm
- Vacuum pressure tests in the range 0 to -100 kPa
- Force measurement tests in the range 0 to 10,000 N
- Linear dimensions 0.02mm to 8m
- Water temperature -10°C to boiling.
Solar and heat pump hot water systems
We are NATA accredited to test solar and heat pump hot water systems to AS/NZS 2712, AS/NZS 2535, AS/NZS 5125, AS/NZS 4692 and related standards.
Research and Development
Vipac is a Registered Research Service Provider (RSP Code: 15701) and you may be eligible for the R&D tax credit for research projects.