The use of state-of-the-art technology in new products and the increasing requirements for product reliability have intensified the need for advanced environmental testing techniques.
Vipac’s Environmental Testing Division offers a variety of test facilities for a broad range of testing requirements – thermal testing, shaker and bounce testing, rain and moisture ingress tests, as well as dust testing. As a NATA-registered, fully independent company, Vipac is contracted by many companies to provide confidential testing services for a wide range of products – motor vehicles, automotive components, aerospace and defence electronic equipment, general consumer goods (whitegoods, mobile phones, etc) and industrial components (controllers, actuators, etc).
Testing can be carried out to a variety of Standards, including AS, ASTM, MIL STDs (810E), ISO, DEF and automotive standards such as those from Ford, Holden, Mitsubishi and Toyota. Vipac’s flexibility allows most tests to be carried out to individual specifications, whilst providing commercial response times to client schedule requirements.
Testing facilities include three different Environmental Chambers in which temperature and humidity can be controlled to tight tolerances:
- The Environmental Test Chamber, measuring 14m long x 5.5m wide and 4.5m high, is certified to test through a temperature range from -5°C to +60°C and humidity from 40% to 95%. It incorporates a 30 lamp CSI solar simulator, allowing any sunlight condition to above 1120W/m2 to be reproduced. Diurnal cycling can also be conducted.
- The High Temperature Chamber (2.2mx2mx2m) provides for testing from ambient to 250°C.
- The Balanced Temperature & Humidity Chamber (3mx3mx3m) allows testing from 20% to 95% relative humidity and from -80°C to +150°C.
- High Intensity Acoustic Tests – up to 145dB
- Explosive De-Compression Tests
- Rain & Moisture Leakage Tests
- Salt Fog Test
- Sand & Dust Penetration Tests to most customer’s requirements and for any product – small parts up to container size
- Bounce Tests – for packaging & transport of goods