Vipac Engineers & Scientists is an award-winning technology powerhouse and multidisciplinary consultancy with over 45 years’ experience. Vipac is active in the Building and Infrastructure, Defence, Transport, Railway, Mining, Power, Oil, Gas, and Consumer Appliance industries.
With operations across Australia, Vipac offers a personalised service from a team of 150 staff.
Vipac is NATA- and A2LA-accredited, as well as ISO 9001-compliant, with capabilities in acoustics, vibration, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and system design.
At Vipac, we measure our success by that of our clients.
Established in 1973, the name ‘Vipac’ stems from our original core competencies; Vibration, Pressure and Acoustics. Since then, our services have diversified and our engineering solutions now touch nearly every facet of life.
Every time you use an energy efficient fridge, watch a sports match unobstructed by shadows, breathe clean air in a carpark or lean safely on a balcony, know that an engineer is likely behind it.
Here are some engineering solutions we’ve developed over the years:
- Helped Hydro Tasmania understand how noise and air pollution is propagated and dispersed
- Minimised building supplies needed to support structures in Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport
- Harnessed sea breezes in Saudi Arabia’s Jenan Gardens to reduce energy costs
- Prevented rain from leaking through the roof at Melbourne’s Southern Cross Station
- Answered the call during an emergency plant shutdown at One Steel Whyalla Steelworks
- Reduced personal fatigue and improved productivity on board Indonesia’s Soehanah ship
- Helped travellers at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport cope with the tropical climate through a system of radiant floor cooling and displacement diffusers
- Lowered the risk of injury at Laos’ Sepon Gold & Copper Mine
- Helped Melbourne’s Westpac headquarters’ achieve its NABERS and Green Star recognition through energy and sustainability information.
We’re a 100% Australian-owned NATA- and A2LA-accredited laboratory, an ISO 9001:2015-compliant company, and Australia’s only ABS-recognised specialist in ambient environmental testing in the marine sector. Our offices are located in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide.
All testing areas within Vipac (and our wholly owned subsidiary Gas Technology Services) are accredited under the ISO 9001:2015 quality certification.
We’re NATA- and A2LA-approved for a wide range of laboratory and field tests, and are also accredited under ISO 17025:2017 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
We report to the WGEA, and are compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Act).
We’re accredited under AS/NZS 4801 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
Other bodies we are accredited with:
- Recognised internationally under the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC).
- Danish Maritime Authority (DMA).
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS). (Vipac is Australia’s only recognised specialist in Ambient Environmental Testing in the Marine sector)
- Our Senior Consultant, Stephen Thomas, is a Certified Air Quality Professional (CAQP) with Clean Air Society of Australia & New Zealand (CASANZ).
- Our Senior Consultants, Vasos Alexandrou and Martin Wilson, are Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ).
- Our Cyber Security Consultants are Certified Ethical Hackers (CEH) with EC-Council.
Our offices, engineers and scientists have memberships with:
- AAS - Australian Acoustic Society
- AAAS - Association of Australasian Acoustical Consultants
- ADC – Air Diffusion Council
- AEAG – Australian Engineering Achievers Group
- AIRAH - Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air-Conditioning and Heating
- AIVAA - Air Infiltration and Ventilation Association of Australia
- ATTMA - Air Tightness Testing & Measurement Association
- AGWA - Australian Glass and Window Association
- CESA - Consumer Electronics Suppliers Association
- CTBUH – Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
- EC-Council - InfoSec and Cyber Security Association
- WERS - Window Energy Rating Scheme (WERS)
Many of Vipac’s staff are qualified to a PhD level in areas such as vibration, wind, acoustics, physics and mechanical engineering.