Vipac offers a variety of test facilities for a broad range of testing requirements including:
- Temperature and Humidity Testing (temperatures ranging from -40 to +350°C with up to 98% humidity)
- Vibration and Shock Testing (Up to 27kN)
- Combined Temperature & Vibration Testing
- Dust, Sand, Water and Moisture Ingress Protection Testing
- Driving Sand and Dust Testing
- Salt Corrosion Testing
- Solar Radiation Testing
- Drop Testing
- Hardness Testing
- Flammability Testing
- Testing to Client Specific Requirements.
Vipac is a NATA accredited, ISO 9001/17025 compliant, fully independent testing laboratory and is contracted by companies and government departments to provide confidential testing services to a wide range of standards including:
Vipac offers the flexibility for tests to be carried out to individual client specifications, and lead times to meet clients’ schedule requirements.
See Defence Capabilities for further information on Vipac’s Environmental Testing services to this markets
Testing Facilities include various Environmental Chambers in which conditions can be controlled to tight tolerances:
- The Environmental Test Chamber, measuring 14m long x 5.5m wide and 4.5m high, is certified to test through a temperature range from -5°C to +60°C and humidity from 40% to 95%. It incorporates a 30 lamp CSI solar simulator, allowing any sunlight condition to above 1120W/m2 to be reproduced. Diurnal cycling can also be conducted.
- The High Temperature Chamber (2.2mx2mx2m) provides for testing from ambient to 250°C.
- The Balanced Temperature & Humidity Chamber (3mx3mx3m) allows testing from 20% to 95% relative humidity and from -80°C to +150°C.
- The Thermal Shock Chamber allows testing from -80°C to +220°C Various smaller chambers covering dry heat, humidity and temperature shock cycling for testing smaller products or parts.
- High Intensity Acoustic Tests – up to 145dB
- Explosive De-Compression Tests
- Rain & Moisture Leakage Tests
- Salt Fog Test
- Sand & Dust Penetration Tests to most customer’s requirements and for any product – small parts up to container size
- Bounce Tests – for packaging and transport of equipment
As well as testing to industry and regulatory standards, our experience and capabilities are employed by clients to develop testing regimes as part of their product development cycle.