Designed to operate at a water depth of 375 feet, a drilling depth of 25,000 feet, and an ability to accommodate 120 people, the Soehanah marks an important milestone in the rigging industry as the world’s first rig to be classified as ABS HAB+ notation.
To ensure that the test methodology and test equipment were in strict accordance to American Bureau of Shipping’s (ABS) Guide to Crew Habitability on Offshore Installations (May 2002) by working closely with ABS and PPL Shipyard Pte Ltd. Also to assess whole body vibration, noise, indoor climate and lighting in a limited time frame.
- Advised the yard on the expectations required for offshore installations requiring a Habitability (HAB) notation
- Created four separate test methodologies for acceptance by ABS Engineering – whole body vibration testing, noise testing, indoor climate testing and lighting testing
- Carried out ambient environment testing while the Soehanah was undergoing endurance trials at dockside
- Carried out confirmatory measurements when Soehanah was in normal operating conditions offshore Balikpapan
- Submission of report to ABS Engineering for approval and acceptance.
Met the habitability criteria and provided comfort and habitability through measurements of whole body vibration, noise, indoor climate and lighting. Also, provided a means to reduce personal fatigue, to improve performance and safety, and to improve working and living environments for those on the ship.